Suggestion: Forum 'auto suggest' answers when creating question topics

dmulvdmulv Posts: 536 Superuser
edited January 31 in Forum feedback
Is there an enhancement that can be made to the board so that when creating a topic question, it suggests existing posts that may have already answered it? Stack Overflow does a good job of this, by searching on the contents of the post title while composing.

The reason I ask is because I've seen quite a few questions appear recently that have been asked/answered many times before, and coming up with potential solutions before the question's even been posted may avoid duplicate questions.

Comments

• dmulvdmulv Posts: 536 Superuser
    PS: I tried to post this in 'forum feedback', but this doesn't seem to be selectable in the sub forum list. Which itself can be considered as some further forum feedback :slight_smile:
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,314 Superusers
    Agreed, or prompting people to search before they can post also works. They could also send them to an index for the knowledge base first. There are probably three main questions for the sports watches that have all been answered ad nauseum and I end up simply posting standard replies as the answer is always the same.