TomTom Rider 550- Black screen during navigation - Page 2 — TomTom Community

TomTom Rider 550- Black screen during navigation

2»

Comments

• fabryterfabryter Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited June 2020
    Same as your problem. For the BT connection I have to restart the phone (huawei), then everything regular until the browser is turned off and restarted. I used it a little and not connected to the recharge, and I will also try the rotation and 2D vision lock. I hope Tomtom will solve the problem soon !! To date not too satisfied

Mod edit: Machine translated (Italian)
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,095
    Superusers
    edited June 2020
    Hi
    Google Translate....
    fabryter wrote: »
    Same as your problem. For the BT connection I have to restart the phone (huawei), then everything regular until the browser is turned off and restarted. I used it a little and not connected to the recharge, and I will also try the rotation and 2D vision lock. I hope Tomtom will solve the problem soon !! To date not too satisfied

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM
  • GlobalwandererGlobalwanderer Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi has there been any formal recognition by TomTom for getting the random screen rotation and screen blanking defects addressed by software or is it a hardware defect that TomTom require the devices exchanged to fix?

Please direct me to where this is answered.
  • FidalgoRobFidalgoRob Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @VikramK Since this Black Screen issue is still being reported 2+ years after the initial thread posting it seems reasonable to assume that TomTom is simply unable to solve it. This is not acceptable. What is the current (2021) status?
  • DGRDGR Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I've given up and gone elsewhere
  • LMMobileLMMobile Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited April 10
    I have now tried 3 ea 550. The first one turned to portrait (and back) and blacked out uncontrolled every avereage 5 km. Replaced by the dealer, same problem. Sent to Tomtom for fix and received back repaired in less than a week. That was impressive! What was not impressive was that the uncontrolled rotation and black-out continued. Sent back to Tomtom again and they replaced it. Still the same problems with the third device. Locking rotation helps. I am now convinced that there must be a critical angle for making the device stable (and Tomtom will not tell us about it), the reason for this is that all 3 worked fine in my car with the display in vertical position. On the bike in more or less the angle of the other instruments the problem starts. The most positive comment from me on the 550 is that the display is the best I have tried under all light conditions.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 726 [Revered Pioneer]
    You have to turn on orientation lock.