No computer can't update my tom tom go 6100.

Ray 25
Ray 25 Registered Users Posts: 5
Master Traveler
edited January 2019 in MyDrive Connect
I have a tom tom go 6100 and was hoping that there is an add-on that I could purchase for updating my device on wi - fi as on the new go 6200. My tom tom is 18 months old and I have no computer knowledge but I do have a wi - fi connection at home. Please help me if you can. Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Hi Ray 25

Welcome to the community :)

Only the latest generation of TomTom models support updating over the WiFi.

For your TomTom GO 6100, I am sorry but you will need a computer with MyDrive Connect installed to update the device.

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • Ray 25
    Master Traveler
    Many thanks for your help Vikram. It was the answer I was expecting. Maybe I could ask a family member to do my updating as I have no computer and no idea how to use one as I am almost 70 years old. As I have said many thanks to you Vikram.
  • Ray 25
    Master Traveler
    Hi, I recently asked a question about updating my tom tom go 6100 without a computer. I got my answer from Vikram saying that it has to be done on a computer. Since then I have been given an old IBM think pad t 42 windows xp sp3. I have said that I have no knowledge of how to use a laptop, But I will ask someone to help me with the process of updating my tom tom. The main reason for me writing is, is this old laptop up to the job as I have heard that there may be a problem with the windows xp version. Please help. Many thanks in advance. Ray 25.
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    The 6100 requires MyDriveConnect as the interface between the tomtom servers and the device). Get it at tomtom.com/getstarted.

BUT, my understanding is that MyDriveConnect no longer works with XP or Vista.

I suppose you can ask support if there is an older version available that will work on that computer:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • Ray 25
    Master Traveler
    Hi, dhn. Many thanks for your email and advice. I will ask support for help failing that I might have to buy the new 6200 which can be updated with wi fi. That would be cheaper than a new laptop that I won't know how to use. Once again thanks for your help. Ray 25.
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
  • Ray 25
    Master Traveler
    Hi, dhn. Thanks for the reply but as I have said I have no knowledge of computers, I will have to ask a family member over the weekend. I have contacted Tom tom support as you suggested and I am waiting for their response. Many thanks again and have a good weekend. Ray 25