TomTom RIDER 500 pairing to Schuberth SRC-System Pro — TomTom Community

TomTom RIDER 500 pairing to Schuberth SRC-System Pro

tigermainiatigermainia Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
I have just updated from a 420 to the 500. The only problem I am having is that when the headset is discovered by the 500 I tap to pair and I get the message 'Unable to pair' 'Please connect a Bluetooth headset that does not require a PIN code'.

Anybody else had this problem?

The headset has a default PIN, its not been a problem with a previous Garmin or the 420.

Anyone solved this?

Comments

• FredMT9FredMT9 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Funnily enough, I have a Schuberth C3 Pro with the Cardo comms system and that pairs instantly - so that is one solution, buy the Cardo system.....
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi tigermainia

Just to ensure that you are doing it right, see the video below:

[video]

Regards
    Vikram
  • tigermainiatigermainia Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Hi Vikram, many thanks, yes done all that many times but everytime the GPS finds the headset and I tap to pair I get the message 'Unable to pair' 'Please connect a Bluetooth headset that does not require a PIN code'. All the software is up to date on TomTom and Cardo website.

Had my grandson (computer buff) double check last night and he recons ita TomTom fault in their system.

I'm contacting them today.

Cheers.
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 256 [Exalted Navigator]
    Is this another excellent example of TomTom design? The Rider can bring up a soft keyboard. It's running Android underneath, why can't it request the user to enter the headset PIN on the soft keypad? usually 0000 (or sent the default 0000 when requested)?
    Hi, Exactly, I have been on to TomTom customer support this morning for a total of an hour and a quarter!!!!!!

They have given me a solution which has got round the PIN having to be entered, which is great, now all works perfectly.
  • AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 275 [Supreme Navigator]
    Hi "tigermainia",

Isn't there any way to disable PIN in the headset?

Have a nice day,

Anders
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 256 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hi, Exactly, I have been on to TomTom customer support this morning for a total of an hour and a quarter!!!!!!

They have given me a solution which has got round the PIN having to be entered, which is great, now all works perfectly.

That's great news. (Shame it's not in the user manual!). Please could you publish the solution here.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,059
    Superusers
    Hi
    @tigermainia

To help others with a Similar/Same problem ??? Any chance of posting the Workaround on here...
    Hi, it might be in the user manual TomTom or Schuberth but I couldn't find anything other than the PIN on the Schuberth, cos the previous GPS devices I've used were just plug and play which is what I like, simplicity. So I was going round in circles this website that website and the same with manuals.

But as said by (Chris Hall) 'Is this another excellent example of TomTom design? The Rider can bring up a soft keyboard. It's running Android underneath, why can't it request the user to enter the headset PIN on the soft keypad? usually 0000 (or sent the default 0000 when requested)?' 'Simples'

The guy at TomTom CS kept at it, obviously onto the technical people and came back with:- PAIRING THE HEADSET TO A GPS DEVICE:
    • Turn on your GPS and turn on your headset.
    • With the SRC-System turned ON, press and hold the Volume Up Button for at least six seconds until the Red and Blue Lights begin flashing simultaneously.
    • Search for Bluetooth® devices on your GPS by following the instructions in the GPS User Guide. After a few seconds the GPS will list "SRCS" (incl. its software version) as a discovered device. Select it and follow your GPS's instructions to accept the pairing.
    • If your GPS device prompts for a PIN or Passkey enter 0000 (four zeros).
    • Your GPS device will confirm that pairing
    NOTE: The above given instructions belong to third party content and TomTom does not guarantee neither take any ownership on it.

Once I had done the initial pairing process it did not ask for a PIN or Passkey, now when I turn both device and headset on in the TT Bluetooth menu it confirms SRC V1.1 Connected.

It might be in the manuals somewhere, I couldn't fathom it but obviously TT technical has come up with/found the solution, at least for me. :ok_hand:
  • DaveNineTDaveNineT Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I’m in exactly the same boat with my shuberth M1 SRC.

Tom Tom rider 550 asks for pin code - tried the above many times and still does not work....,

However, once it did try to pair and I was getting excited - but that’s all it did - tried without fail.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks 👍
  • Mootje_R1200RTMootje_R1200RT Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello all,

I drove past waypoit if they could help me, we tried to pair my rider 550 with my SC1. unfortunately this did not work after many attempts.
    friendly gentleman takes another rider 550 there .. and that pairing took another 30 seconds. so works well. yet another rider 550 caught, same hair perfect !!!

I immediately started working with tomtom, who claim that it does not work together. I have indicated that it works. discussion with tomtom is still ongoing.

I have to say to you, if it is important, they no longer know a customer in my experience now that I have been working with them for a week and keep saying that we cannot have a list that we have tested. and it only lists 30 headsets. when that list is updated the question is also. in the meantime there are hundreds of headsets on the market and what is not listed in the list works just fine with the rider 550.

unfortunately tomtom bad thing if there is something wrong with it they will not cooperate.