Management of all imported tracks/routes — TomTom Community

Management of all imported tracks/routes

BeemerNedBeemerNed Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
Hi All,
I'm new at this Forum, and untill recently an Garmin User. Now getting familiar with the TomTom 550 and Mydrive. Much faster, and satisfied sofar.
With an expanding number of tracks/routes i'm kind of missing some features like:
  • Import multiple tracks at the same time (not one by one)
  • sort tracks by date "uploaded" ( to quickly see if pc and mydrive are in sync)
  • show multiple tracks within the same screen to compare versions
Any of this in development?

Regards

Comments

• tugmantugman Posts: 337 [Revered Navigator]
    I use a suffix at the front of routes I want to keep together and works quite well.
    To transfer multiple routes open two Windows on a pc. One your own file location and the other showing the unit file. Now use the drag and drop method to move the route files.
    Use the same method to open two routes but they may not both show at the same time. If not toggle.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,397
    Superusers
    Hi
    @BeemerNed

The Rider 4xx & 5xx will give you direct access to a small buffer/transfer area of the Rider 400 Main Memory... You can also access your Micro SD Card, you can drag & drop your .ITN or .GPX route files directly to the Rider 400 Memory buffer/transfer area or the Micro SD Memory card over a secure system
    You don't have to have to use the Micro SD Card as a transfer medium

NavCore Version 15.302
    Released on 3 July 2015
    This update applies to: Rider 40/400
    With the "Easy route upload"... You can connect your TomTom Rider to your PC using a USB cable, then drag and drop your route files directly to and from your device’s memory using a file explorer program.....

(1)... Connect Your device via USB and this screen appears on the Rider 400
    c64613c2-b6ca-4088-a8c6-b2c72a2c765e.jpg
    (2)... Tap the Import route Icon and the Rider 400 connects to the secure "Easy route upload"
    185e7f17-03ea-4d08-9f20-aba2fc64aa84.jpg
    (3)... On your PC filing system you should see "Tomtom Rider 400" where you can drag and drop your route files directly into the Rider 400 main memory or the Micro SD Card
    919d5cae-3ecf-4793-9054-01d72008d510.png
    (4)... If you haven't got a Memory card installed it only shows the Rider 400 Main memory
    5651c674-0f6d-428b-bc80-4f9a34848618.png
    (5)... Drag & drop your route files to the device or the Memory card
    a4f9173c-6dd0-4119-b0dd-4956b581243f.png
    (6)... When your done tap "Done"
    7b1aa1e6-2953-49e8-be7c-2158437bca5c.jpgATB YFM
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 542 [Exalted Navigator]
    tugman wrote:
    I use a suffix at the front of routes I want to keep together and works quite well.
    To transfer multiple routes open two Windows on a pc. One your own file location and the other showing the unit file. Now use the drag and drop method to move the route files.
    Use the same method to open two routes but they may not both show at the same time. If not toggle.
    I do a similar thing but in reverse - any POIs that I may need again but not currently, I prefix them with Z. which puts them at the bottom of the list. For those places I want to save permanently, I create them in Tyre or ITN Converter and import them, after which they are then listed in order of closest to farthest, rather than alphabetically.
  • BeemerNedBeemerNed Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Hi All,

Thanks for in detailed explanation. Works simular to my old system (GA***), with use of a filemanager/explorer. Works fine.

However: my question seems to be incomplete. I was wondering if any of these features were in development or already existing for MYdrive (app/Desktop).
    • Import multiple tracks at the same time (not one by one)
    • sort tracks by date "uploaded" ( to quickly see if pc and mydrive are in sync)
    • show multiple tracks within the same screen to compare versions
    It is possible to open multiple sessions of the mydrive app on my desktop. However comparing track A and B then is difficult

Regards,