Go 60S power management — TomTom Community

Go 60S power management

Is there a way to put the device to sleep or to power it on or off? I know that I can set it to go to sleep automatically if disconnected from a power source, but I want to know if there is a manual method for either sleep or on/off.

Comments

• dmulvdmulv Posts: 666
    Superuser
    If it's anything like my Go 5200, a short press of the power button will put the device to sleep, and a longer press will give you options on screen to either sleep or fully power off.
  • GaryAllanGaryAllan Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Well, if there were any power button visible in any place then I would try your advice, but as yet I have found no such button.
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 683 [Revered Pioneer]
    GaryAllan wrote:
    Well, if there were any power button visible in any place then I would try your advice, but as yet I have found no such button.

H, @GaryAllan ,

Unfortunately TomTom tend NOT to have too many actual pictures of their devices (certainly NOT in their User Manuals)!!

Since I don't know this particular model, I'm going to suggest 2 possibilities for the location of the Power Switch:-
    1. Looking at the rear of the device, is there a small round recessed button (with a typical On/Off symbol on it)?
    2. Another possible location is the top edge of the device - on the top is there a very slim shiny section (looks like it could be the cover of a standard sized SD-Memory-Card), if so, this is the On/Off switch!
    Hope one of those helps??
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 666
    Superuser
    There's one in the top right - a thin rectangular button that you press down.

The image below is of a Go 60S.
    bdaf9505-9b5c-4d12-8f69-62cef03e82fc.png
  • GaryAllanGaryAllan Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Thank you very much for the replies, especially the photo. All is clear now