TomTom GO 620 smartphone messages function not working!?

Jemhadar
Jemhadar Registered Users Posts: 6
Master Explorer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
My new GO 620 is not reading out my text messages from my Android smartphone (the Google Pixel 2).
The TomTom MyDrive app is open and connected via bluetooth. The GPS and phone are paired properly.
I am receiving traffic data properly. Incoming calls notifications are being displayed on device. All seems to be fine and working EXCEPT for displaying a notification when I get a new text message.
In the TomTom Settings, under "Bluetooth," it does say "CONNECTED" under the Smartphone Message section. And I have followed all the Android app settings steps required to allow messages to be allowed on the GPS.
I'm at a complete loss as to what to do next! Can anyone help? Any insight at all would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Jem

Comments

• Oldace2000
    Oldace2000 Registered Users Posts: 8
    Master Explorer
    Same problem on a GO 620 and Samsung Galaxy S6. Exactly the same as described above. Everything's else works fine except SMS Messaging.
    Have tried everything in the manual without success.
    Any other suggestions?
    Cheers,
    Oldace.
  • lonnie_chap
    lonnie_chap Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Same here with my Go 620 and iPhone Xi. Worked when I first set it up but stopped working. Checked all of the settings, deleted and reconnected my phone but nothing has helped.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,042
    Superuser
    Hi @Oldace2000 and @lonnie_chap

Have you got MyDrive App running in the back on the phone?

Doug
  • Plsdeluno
    Plsdeluno Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    I am having the same problem with my go essential, it received SMS and WhatsApp messages but suddenly it will not receive them. Everything is ticked correctly I have deleted the TomTom app from my phone and redownload it, etc but I have no idea why it stopped receiving messages or how to fix it. Bluetooth is connected fine.
    Any help much appreciated
  • sjj1805
    sjj1805 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited January 7
    Same here with my TomTom Go 5200. I wonder if there has been a software update that has disabled it.
  • therealjok
    therealjok Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    I had the same issue, I disconnected my Bluetooth connection from my 620 pro and my phone, and then asked each to forget each other ie deleted the connections completely, left the mydrive app open then paired the phone and device using Bluetooth again and it worked, its worth noting my tomtom will only read texts aloud if the phone is completely locked on the black screen, hope this helps