Rider 550 Route Planning Settings — TomTom Community

Rider 550 Route Planning Settings

JIMGOLDWINGJIMGOLDWING Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
In my Route Planning settings I have checked "Ask Me So I Can Choose" & "Winding Route". However, when I plan a route by checking a destination and select Ride, the GPS never as me to choose a route i.e. fastest, shortest, winding, etc. What am I missing?

Comments

• Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 752
    Superuser
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/Rider_Wi-Fi/html/en-gb/index.htm#RoutePlanning-MASTERPratoBodrum.htm

When you’re riding, the traffic conditions are continuously changing. TomTom will try to find a faster route as you’re riding... If it finds one it may ask you through that setting.

It’s not what you’re thinking...
  • JIMGOLDWINGJIMGOLDWING Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Question answered but wished it would simply ask!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,436
    Superusers
    Hi
    @JIMGOLDWING
    In my Route Planning settings I have checked "Ask Me So I Can Choose" & "Winding Route". However, when I plan a route by checking a destination and select Ride, the GPS never as me to choose a route i.e. fastest, shortest, winding, etc. What am I missing?
    Route Planning.....
    The NAV3 method of asking 'What kind of route to take', every time you plan a route, is NOT available on NAV4/5 (Wi-Fi) devices

On NAV4/5 (Wi-Fi) devices you select the default route type in the 'Setting menu
    (I use the 'Fastest route as default) When I plan and calculate the route the vast majority of the time I want the 'Fastest route' (Job Done)
    If say you want to 'Avoid Motorways'... You plan and calculate your route as normal when the route has calculated, Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Route --> Change route type... Select Route Type (Avoid Motorways)
    Note... This change only applies to the current route

ATB YFM