Via 120 Live Now obsolete? — TomTom Community

Via 120 Live Now obsolete?

My Via 120 live suddenly failed - stating I have no maps. I now find I have no service from Tomtom. Yet I still have 6 months subscription for live services and maps remaining. Despite this Tomtom no longer support the device. They suggest I purchase a new product at a discount!

The battery failed after just over a year from new. The device also slowed significantly at that time and in the last year or so the live traffic service was unavailable for most of the journey between Britain's two major cities.

Why should I use Tomtom again?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    Only the Via120 with the following letters to start the serial number is End of Life:
    "AN">Via 120, 2GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3 Eol

All other Via 120 models have 4GB and are NOT End of Life:

"AI">Via 120, 4GB, MyDrive Connect NA
    "AR">Via 120, 4GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3
    "AS">Via 120, 4GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3
    "AU">Via 120, 4GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3

That said, even if your device DOES start with 'AN', Tomtom has said they will honour ongoing subscriptions for maps.

Call support to clarify your situation but do NOT reply with a model number when prompted in order for a live agent to respond:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • c.jones310_un14c.jones310_un14 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks for your advice dhn.

I followed the route you suggested, but after two phone calls customer services concluded they cannot help any further with my Via 120.

They have offered credit on my outstanding services and a (as yet unknown) discount on a new Tomtom product.

I have to say both employees were very helpful, but I feel the product and company has not given me great service.

My question remains.

Why should I buy Tomtom again?

Thanks anyway dhn
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    Last shot maybe...……..

Let me direct your plight to a contact I have at Tomtom.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi c.jones310_un14

I have just reviewing your case open with the customer service and I see they have also offered remote assistance.

I have reactivated the map on your account but it can only be downloaded if the device establishes a connected with MyDrive Connect.

Could you tell me, when you connect the device does it get recognised?

Thanks
    Vikram :)