Rider 500 won't update or login to MyDrive — TomTom Community

Rider 500 won't update or login to MyDrive

skids27skids27 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited November 2018 in RIDER
Just purchased a Rider 500 from Amazon. Fitted it to my bike and went for a rider today for the first time using the 500. I was not able to login to MyDrive on the device despite it connecting to my Wifi and my iPhone7 without an issue.
The device is so slow at updating direction that its virtually un-useable! I have tried some many time to update it over wifi, but it refused to login to my TomTom account. Logging in via my iPhone MyDrive app or a web browser is fine, so I know the login account and password are fine.
Really disappointed by the device and was hoping perhaps an update is needed to speed up the direct update as you ride?? But I am just unable to get it to update or login from the rider 500. any help appreciated

Comments

• AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 275 [Supreme Navigator]
    Hi, maybe not much help but why not give TT support a call? Or at least send in a ticket using their web service?

Hope you get it solved.

Cheers,
    Anders
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,474
    Superusers
    Hi
    @skids27

Have you tried a Drum roll restart on the device ???? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM