Battery durability — TomTom Community

Battery durability

barerunbarerun Posts: 18 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I am using adventurer for one and half year and for this period i have run round 1300 km. so i am mostly weekender runner and i dont use watches for 24/7 monitoring. it means usage of watches is incidental. I never had problem with battery. It s capacity for this period has corresponded with manufacturer ´s claim. Now suddenly, capacity dramatically has decreased. After 3 hours of run it is almost off, menwhile i am using the same settings (hr + gps) as before. Is it possible to claim that problem as 2 years warranty ?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,814
    Superusers
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates, even though 1.7.64 was supposed to fix it. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version to 1.3.255 it should fix it.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • barerunbarerun Posts: 18 [Apprentice Traveler]
    how the firmware could be rolled back ? do i have to send it to service or it is possible manually ?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,814
    Superusers
    barerun wrote:
    how the firmware could be rolled back ? do i have to send it to service or it is possible manually ?
    Did you follow the instructions I gave? Go to that post, tell them you want to roll back and they will tell you what to do (you just do a factory reset after they set it in the system).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.