TomTom Start and purchased map — TomTom Community

TomTom Start and purchased map

the english teacherthe english teacher Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Map purchasing
Without spending ages navigating the website, I purchased up to date UK maps for my TomTom Start. However, I then discovered that this device is now too old for any updates. Is there any way that I can get a refund or request a credit voucher to spend on a new device? The company can't be contacted via the website & so I will have to use 'snail mail' & write them a letter. I don't hold out much hope of a successful outcome!

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,853
    Superuser
    @the english teacher

Please identify which precise device you have, check here https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/locale/en_GB if your are in Europe, but unfortunately you have not added your country to your profile so I am guessing. Also with the country I could give you a phone number to customer services to claim a refund if necessary.
  • the english teacherthe english teacher Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Niall - thanks so much for replying. I have a TomTom 'Start', model 1EX00, & I live in the UK.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,853
    Superuser
    @the english teacher

Give Customer Services a call to claim a refund, but be silent about which type of device until you are speaking to a real agent ;)

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • the english teacherthe english teacher Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Without spending ages navigating the website, I purchased up to date UK maps for my TomTom Start. However, I then discovered that this device is now too old for any updates. Is there any way that I can get a refund or request a credit voucher to spend on a new device? The company can't be contacted via the website & so I will have to use 'snail mail' & write them a letter. I don't hold out much hope of a successful outcome!

Just to add that the solution Niall suggested worked & there was no problem getting a refund. I wish that TomTom's site made more of their Customer Services support which turned out to be really helpful & I've even got 25% off another device purchased from their site, which will be the upgrade that I needed in the first place.
    Thanks again Niall!