Abrupt stop on Spark 3 Cardio

Ed Gonzalez
Ed Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I've been using my Spark 3 Cardio since January 2018. I was recently running on a treadmill when for no apparent reason the watch just stopped and went to the home screen! As I was in the middle of my workout I went ahead and started another run on the watch. When I synced my data only the second run appeared on the website but not the first run. By the way, at first I thought that the watch had somehow initiated a factory reset but when I checked my profile settings everything was still there. Has anyone ever experienced anything similar? Also, if you do more than one activity in a day does it only sync your last activity? Or is it supposed to sync all activities? If so, let me know how to re-sync the missing run. Thank you.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    It will sync all runs, not just the last one, but there was clearly some kind of software failure that caused you to lose the first run. It is gone, there is nothing you can do to resync it.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Ed Gonzalez
    Ed Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Tfarabaugh, hi. Thanks for responding to my query. Although your answer helps to explain the missing data not syncing I'm now concerned about the initial issue of the watch spontaneously resetting, what you identify as "some kind of software failure." Is this a known issue with the watch? This is the first time it's happened in the 7 months of using it. Does it indicate that more resets may start to occur? If so, is there any remedy or solution for mitigating the issue? Let me know. Thanks for all your help.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    Tfarabaugh, hi. Thanks for responding to my query. Although your answer helps to explain the missing data not syncing I'm now concerned about the initial issue of the watch spontaneously resetting, what you identify as "some kind of software failure." Is this a known issue with the watch? This is the first time it's happened in the 7 months of using it. Does it indicate that more resets may start to occur? If so, is there any remedy or solution for mitigating the issue? Let me know. Thanks for all your help.
    No, it was likely a one time issue due to a firmware failure, it just happens sometimes. I have only had it happen to me once or twice in 5+ years of using TT watches. To be on the safe side you can do a factory reset which will install clean firmware. If it becomes a regular occurrence call Support who can diagnose if it is being caused by a hardware issue.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.