Major Screen glitch — TomTom Community

Major Screen glitch

ShadyGrove4HShadyGrove4H Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have had my TomTom Spark 3 since Christmas, and in just the last week, my watch's screen has started "glitching." The screen has lines going across it, which obscures the image making it impossible to read at time. Eventually, the lines will clear up, but as soon as I toggle to a new screen, they are back. It's almost as if the previous screen doesn't fully clear and overlaps the new screen. I have not had the device in any extreme conditions. I have never swam with the device or submerged it in water, even though it has functionality to do that), no exposure to extreme heat or pressure either, and I've never dropped it. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions or do I need to get it replaced? I was going to contact customer service today, but they're closed on Sundays. c6d68cb4-a264-4fd4-92a1-3ba8a82f2359.jpgdb9a3049-626f-4abd-bbab-29fad6c4e57e.jpg

Comments

• RaykadRaykad Posts: 21 [Master Traveler]
    Well, the screen has quite a few dents/scratches to it so it could be that the LCD under the glass has malfunctioned due to a small or heavy impact that you might not have noticed. Only option from a troubleshooting side would be to try a Factory Reset and/or Factory Reset in recovery mode explained here: [url=https://]https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17393/~/resetting-your-watch[/url]

If that doesn't work, call TomTom tomorrow to see what they can do. Perhaps it's in warranty. If you need contact details, click here (select Warranty and Repair to get the contact options): [url=https://]https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/p/4298/c/4557[/url]
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,727
    Superusers
    You may want to call Customer Support to ask them about it, but I would try a factory reset first in case it is just an issue in your firmware install. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • ShadyGrove4HShadyGrove4H Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The watch face is a little grimy in the above picture, but not dinged and only slightly scratched from my ring from turning on the backlight, but yes, I do think there is something wrong with the LCD. I've taken exceedingly good care of this watch, and because the image continually fluctuates (see below-- a little clearer than before) that is has more to do with the components of the watch than my usage of it.
    8c68a26e-5864-4d25-aafa-e7c4a66e2b2d.jpg I cracked the screen on my old TomTom runner and it never did this.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,727
    Superusers
    The watch face is a little grimy in the above picture, but not dinged and only slightly scratched from my ring from turning on the backlight, but yes, I do think there is something wrong with the LCD. I've taken exceedingly good care of this watch, and because the image continually fluctuates (see below-- a little clearer than before) that is has more to do with the components of the watch than my usage of it.
    I cracked the screen on my old TomTom runner and it never did this.
    If a factory reset does not fix it, call Support.
  • Flanker FloggerFlanker Flogger Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,
    could you find any in-house solution for the problem or did it eventually require repair or replacement?
    I am facing the same issue with my watch and it’s frustraring. I guess that once you get used to wearing a fitness watch, it’s difficult to manage without one.
    I my case, the problem went beyon396c5100-bce4-49bc-815a-5913bd313092.jpgcbd392c3-5614-4c7e-8332-bbb2a5d33fba.jpgcbd392c3-5614-4c7e-8332-bbb2a5d33fba.jpgd just glitchy lines to total blanking off periodically.
    At present the watch is all but unusable.
    Atraching a few pics.
    396c5100-bce4-49bc-815a-5913bd313092.jpg
  • PedroJavierPedroJavier Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    did anyone got a solution? im having the same issue
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,385 Moderator
    Hi @PedroJavier,

Welcome to the Community!

Please get in touch with the customer support and they'll be able to replace the watch for you. To get in touch with Customer Support, choose 'Contact Us' at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat.

Cheers, lampard
  • DPMcOLGDPMcOLG Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,
    I have been trying to contact Australian Support via live chat about an issue with screen glitches on my TomTom Runner 3, but the connection to the chat server is still 'waiting', and has been for quite some time!
    Can anyone supply me with the Australian Support telephone number?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,350
    Superusers
    Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
  • Flanker FloggerFlanker Flogger Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I couldn’t find a solution in the end. After all this time and tricks and tips, the screen is still unusable. So I bought cheap Chinese stuff as an interim measure.

I contacted Support. Unfortunately for me, TomTom has exited wearables market in India. So they are not in a position to provide support. What is most disappointing is that the watch lasted just 18 months before going kaput.

I did request them the address of their museum so that I can send it there as a hallmark of customer service and customer satisfaction. Still waiting for their reply.

Jokes apart, I miss my TomTom. I still have it lying around. I charge it once in a while in the hope that it will right itself. It hasn’t. What a waste of a perfectly good watch. Attached, is a pic of the watch. I wrapped in in a piece of cloth and threw it against the wall. Still no luck. Sturdy watch though!

Best of luck to all those still struggling for a solution.

hu0iio6cbkbt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0