Buying car with built-in TomTom live navigation — TomTom Community

Buying car with built-in TomTom live navigation

Del407Del407 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
HI,

I've been using TomTom standalone devices for many years and so have lots of POIs stored in my device and online account.

I've ordered a new car with built-in TomTom live navigation and would like to be able to transfer POIs etc to my car system when it eventually arrives.

My guess is I cannot just log into my current account on the car system as the car system just has 3 years live services and my current device has lifetime live services, so would be interested to know if there is an easy way to transfer my data without messing up the accounts.

Del

Comments

• CarminatCarminat Posts: 988 [Revered Pioneer]
    That probably depends on which TomTom system you are getting. With mine, it's not possible, you can only access the system using proprietary software, so can't copy and paste anything.

Ask the dealer, or tell us what vehicle and what nav system.
  • Del407Del407 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm getting a new Peugeot 3008 GT Line Premium, if that helps. But long wait until November for delivery.
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 988 [Revered Pioneer]
    Mine's Renault. Looking at yours I'd guess you have the same difficulty as I do and won't be able to do anything with POIs - proprietary software and SD card (or maybe USB stick?) format.

Have you noticed, touchscreen, centre of dashboard, left handed, reaching over. I can't reach mine because it's recessed into the dash. Voice control doesn't recognise me. A remote control would have been the correct solution.