Very Slow Syncing to iOS app — TomTom Community

Very Slow Syncing to iOS app

modernhikermodernhiker Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I have an Adventurer Watch (current software version) and an iOS app (also current version). Syncing takes forever. I just did a 10 mile hike and it took about 40 minutes to sync to the app.

Any way to speed this up?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,816
    Superusers
    Make sure you have a strong Internet connection, preferably WiFi. if your connection is spotty it is likely timing out and restarting constantly. Even better, sync via a computer and it takes seconds. Other than that there is nothing to be done.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • little_hippolittle_hippo Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I find this a very annoying "feature" on this watch, and this is the biggest reason (that and the fact that the HR sensor is not accurate) that I would not purchase a tomtom device again. I waste up to 30 minutes sometimes to get it to sync. sometimes i just give up and try again days later. it doesn't matter what the length of the activity is. It's like TomTom did not think to design a Delta sync. It's like it syncs everything all the time. There's no other explination for why it takes so long. My Garmin is like bluetooth on, BOOM. 5 seconds later it's done!