Functionality suggestion

Jan.
Jan. Registered Users Posts: 113
Renowned Wayfarer
edited January 2019 in MyDrive Connect
Can we please have a "turnaround on the spot" function on POI's or when creating a route, so MyDrive does not insist on planning a route through a village, where I can easely turn the bus on the spot as I am on a busstop, parkingplace or similar. Currently MyDrive goes nuts on the track planning and insists on following roads.

a1a41a6c-92f8-49e0-a0c9-02376949a3ae.jpg

49ba1112-9414-479a-953b-63e1ad6c5d42.jpg

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    Hi
    @Jan.

It seems to work for me...
    I set the Start --> Destination --> Added the Stop at BurgerKing

Click on image to enlarge
    8ca8756f-0f91-401b-abe0-1bc528546267.png
    ATB YFM
  • Jan.
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Hi @YamFazMan

Thanks for the reply.

The thing I have different, I use a coach/bus, not a car.
    And are there specific properties on your #2 waypoint you have set? And if so, where have you set these?

The way this point was set up is by doing a search for the Burgerking, it shows a POI not on the road but in the middle of the brown area below the road. If I then add the saved Burgerking POI to the route, MyDrive auto creates a waypoint on the road and results with a track as shown.

I have tried other sequences. Create a POI on the road and add this to the route. Same result.

Main difference here is the use of the coach planning. Please try that.

I also used the Camper planning to get better route planning. But speeds on this vehicle are ridiculous. It does solve the issue of Trucks not allowed in some places, where the coach is allowed. But overall speed/time planning does not match that of the coach planning. Even with adjusted properties on my Camper vehicle.

Ah well, lifes not perfect. :wink:
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    Hi
    Yes I get the same route as you using the Truck version of the MDW Route planner
    I right click on the Map to set a Stop... Left Click on a Stop to remove it

Will this work If I send a Truck route to the device the route is recalculated as a car
    If your Device is setup as a Coach and you send a Truck route to your device would it recalculate the route as a Coach ???

ATB TFM
  • Jan.
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Ah yes the stop function. I tested it a few weeks back and it does not alter any behaviour in the resulting planning if you use a right click stop or add a preset POI to the route.
    So thanks for checking it. I have a similar result on this test.

e3094751-b391-42b8-86ad-e830c9526189.jpg
    cac471d9-a79c-4604-b22a-62b2aed1fa19.jpg

As to your question of recalculating. I could not say. Distance and timing are the same for both truck MDW planning and the result in my TRUCKER 5000 with coach properties. Nothing noticeable there.

If I add a car MDW planning to my device it recalculates the route but it does not result in the same timing if I plan the route in truck mode in MDW. This because the car route in the TRUCKER 5000 device is not replanned, just recalculated with coach properties. The route stays the same, which is bad. A coach can't go places where cars can go.

And so we are back to the biggest dilemma I have ..... no real coach specific environment.
    So I choose the save side, truck properties and take the occasional detour as an annoyance.

Time to step up TomTom. The coach market is a big one. TomTom is creating a camper environment. Lets go for coach first, way more users. And I hear very good things on the Garmin gear. Might buy that one as a replacement for my TRUCKER 5000.