Omissisions on the lastest TomTom map. — TomTom Community

Omissisions on the lastest TomTom map.

Just started using my Pro Truck sat nav after being off work for 2 years. It became obvious almost instantly that it was out of date and so I renewed my live subscription and updated the map to the latest version. However the glaring omissions that were evident on the old map are still missing from the updated version, the most obvious of these is the new toll bridge in Widnes and the accompanying road changes made to accommodate it. Although I've allowed map corrections from both TomTom and many other users on my device the omissions still remain.
The question is am I doing anything wrong or are the maps just poor.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,051
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Trucker1961

Have you got 'Avoid Toll roads' set as default in the Settings menus
    The Mersey Gateway Bridge works fine on all my Tomtom devices

ATB YFM
  • Trucker1961Trucker1961 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    No I've got it set to ask me. Even when I veiw the destination the new bridge and roads don't appear on my map.
    Its not the only omission, J9 M40/A43 has been altered as has the A46/A45 roundabout (now an underpass) in Coventry, as with Widnes both show the old layouts.

Might try having a chat with TomTom again, frankly I find their Customer services/help pretty poor.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,051
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Trucker1961

You have got map v1010 UK&ROI or v1011 Europe ???

ATB YFM
  • Trucker1961Trucker1961 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I've figured it out, the UK&ROI is up to date, The Europe Truck is not. Although i've got 3 updates to use they can't be applied to the Europe Truck map and they want £100 + to upgrade to the latest map. The roads are changing that often that i would be better off buying a new truck sat nav with lifetime maps.

cheers for your replys.