Added speed cameras not alerting — TomTom Community

Added speed cameras not alerting

My Via 135 device provides alerts for the speed cameras from the installed database but not from the cameras I have manually added. When the cameras are added manually the device acknowledges then by saying "Thanks!" so I assume this has been done correctly.
How do I get the added cameras to alert as well?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Paul72

Here's an How to for 3rd Party Speed cam voices... scroll down for installation Info
    You can load 3rd Party Spoken warning or use the Built-in Tomtom Warning sounds
    https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/speed-camera-alerts-tomtom.php

ATB YFM
  • Paul72Paul72 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your reply YFM.

I have already activated the built in warning sounds, but this doesn't solve the problem. I had assumed that adding cameras would have been available for personal use, but there seems to be a suggestion that this has been changed so that it has to be agreed by other reports and incorporated into the main database. If this is right it would be disappointing as it would mean that you could only get the benefit of your reporting by buying an upgrade. Hopefully this is not the case and there is some other fix available.

ATB
    Paul72
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Paul72

Have you tried a Drum roll restart on the device ????

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
  • Paul72Paul72 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks YFM, I'll give it a go and go for a drive.
    ATB
    Paul72