Blank map after updating on TomTom Rider 410 — TomTom Community

Blank map after updating on TomTom Rider 410

Paul NeatePaul Neate Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited November 2018 in RIDER
On Monday, I installed the map for the USA and Canada on my TomTom Rider 410. This used up all the available memory in the unit (all bar 11 Mb). On Tuesday, I installed a 16 Gb memory card (successfully). I then updated the 'Europe' map, but when the download completed all I have is the blank outline of Europe (and the rest of the world, all bar the USA and Canada, for which I have a functional map). Searches for addresses in UK (where I am based or the rest of Europe fail to find anything (but do show up similar addresses in the USA and Canada).

How do I fix this? Is the only option to uninstall the Europe map and reinstall it?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,495
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Paul Neate

400 MB is deemed to be the minimum Free Memory space for the device to operate
    At 11 MB it must be running on a Wing and a Prayer, probably not enough Free space to render the Map

Using MyDrive Connect --> My Content... Where have you or the device decided to install the Maps ???
    MDC will install the maps on the device if there is enough Free space

You may need to delete a Map from the device

MyDrive Connect --> My Content...
    Scroll down to My Maps
    Under each available Map is a Green Button (Install On Device) at the Right-hand side of the Button is a 'v' Click on the 'v' for the option to 'Install on SD Card'
    Choose 'Install on SD Card'

ATB YFM
  • Paul NeatePaul Neate Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the feedback. I've found the solution - I had not realised that only one map could be 'active' at a time and that all I had to do was switch maps in the 'Settings' on the satnav unit - simples! (Definitely a case of RTFM.)