Sync problems TomTom Runner 3

hboer76
hboer76 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
After the 5th of july my watch is having problems with syncing the data from my watch to my Iphone and to my computer.
All of the devices are having the latest versions of software/firmware.

When connected to my computer TomTom Sports Connect is telling me that activities can not be uploaded. We will try it again in a few minutes.
As for the app on my Iphone the message is the same.
The quickgps is being

If i look on my watch --> info i still can see that there are some activities remaining to be synced, so there not lost.... yet.

Today i tried to sync my watch using my computer.
Again the message as above was displayed, but now the latest activity of today was synced with TomTom My Sports.
But all of the other activities (4) are still not synced with TT.

What to do?

I'm affraid that when i do a factory reset to my watch, i will lose the data.

Please help.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • bazzer007
    bazzer007 Registered Users Posts: 21
    Outstanding Explorer
    I had the same problem today and looks liek there's a few other threads indicating the same thing. @tfarabaugh, are you saying the people from TomTom are not active here anymore?

Anyway, I (almost exclusively) sync with my PC. I export my activities to Strava and save all file formats to my computer. Usually after syncing, the Strava and TomTom webpages open and Explorer opens the folder on my computer. Instead, today I just got the message about being unable to sync and either "Got it" or "Try again". After trying a few times I gave up and chose "Got it".

Unfortunately, the storage on my watch was empty so I figured I'd lost the run (I usually try to sync after each run anyway).

Fortunately, the run was synced to both TomTom and Strava, the only thing that I can see is that the files weren't created. I can get most of the files from the website, but I guess the ttbin is gone for good? That's a shame, but I'll be OK.

It went fine on the 14th July, I guess I'll wait and see what happens next time.
  • bazzer007
    bazzer007 Registered Users Posts: 21
    Outstanding Explorer
    I looked into my logs and the problem for me was that Nike+ export failed. It's probably related to this issue noted by Jürgen. When I check my export settings, Nike+ was already disabled so I think I'll just leave it like that and hope my next sync works.