FIND ACCESS TO TOMTOM RIDER 400 QR scan code — TomTom Community

FIND ACCESS TO TOMTOM RIDER 400 QR scan code

hogmandeucehogmandeuce Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Need my TOMTOM 400 to display its QR scan code in order to scan it into my cell phone. This is necessary because my phone's bluetooth will not manually pair to my tomtom 400 bluetooth.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,309
    Superusers
    Give a call to support:

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST

Don't mention your model when asked in order for a live agent to reply...…..
  • hogmandeucehogmandeuce Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    THANKS I CALLED THE SERVICE REP AS YOU REQUESTED AND SHE WAS ABLE TO HELP ME. Turned out I needed to reboot my tom tom after activating WIFI Blue tooth Tethering status on my Sony XA2 Ultra android phone, in order to get the normal bluetooth function to finally pair between the TomTom and the Sony XA2 phone!
    THANKS!
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,309
    Superusers
    You are welcome.
  • no1kilono1kilo Posts: 14 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The My drive app requires a QR code to connect to my Ryder 400. Rebooting the device does not solve the app problem. I Need an actual QR code or an older version if the app that doesnt require a QR Code.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 549 [Revered Pioneer]
    The QR code is only for the newer TomTom Rider 5X0.

Your Rider 400 uses a Bluetooth Tethering connection with the phone.
    You don't need the connection feature in the MyDrive App like the Rider 550 does.
  • no1kilono1kilo Posts: 14 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The MyDrive app has 2 options. A QR code or no device. The Rider 400 and my Samsung S10 cannot communicate. The don't see each other in Bluetooth. That means the Rider needs to be activated somehow. Help, I have the MyDrive app installed and open then open the bluetooth pairing but no success. They just don't see each other.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 549 [Revered Pioneer]
    edited May 4
    For a Rider 400 leave the MyDrive App unconnected. (This connection is for de Rider 550)

To connect the Rider 400 use Bluetooth Tethering.

Samsung doesn't have the most stable Bluetooth drivers on there European Phones.
    Please remove older TomTom Rider connections, reboot your Phone, Remove the older Bluetooth Phone connection on your Rider and Drum Reset your Rider before you try again.
    Maybe you also need to clear the Hidden Cache on your Phone.

After this follow the instructions in this video;

I also advice you to use use the "Blue Car Tethering" app to keep the Bluetooth Tethering open when your Rider is turned on. (most Phones close this connection to soon)
    https://apkpure.com/blue-car-tethering-on-demand/com.xplota.bluecartetheringauto