Interval heart rate monitor at rest — TomTom Community

Interval heart rate monitor at rest

MarieanneMarieanne Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
Dear TomTom Fans,

The TomTom Touch has the nice 24/7 heart rate monitor function (at rest). The interval of the heart rate monitor (at rest) is unfortunately quite large (they say 10 minutes but I think that is even higher). That's why I have a number of questions:

Many people advise the TomTom Touch because of the heart rate function (because of the good sensor) at rest to get a nice picture (graph) of the heartbeat.
  1. Is it possible that TomTom wants to add the determination of the interval in the future (eg 1 minute, 5 minutes etc). This would really give the product a great addition.
  2. Unfortunately I do not see the manual heart rate measurements (performed on the watch) in the app (as opposed to eg the Mi Band). Is this possible? Or am I doing something wrong?
  3. Are there more people where the export to Apple Health is not good?
Kind regards,

Mar

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    1) There will be no more development on the product as TT has left the wearables business, so there will be no additions or feature upgrades. It takes a reading once every 10 minutes (as long as it can get a reading). If for some reason it cannot get a reading it will try again in 10 minutes.
    2) It does not record whenever you look at your HR, it is just showing you what the sensor is reading. It is not going to make a record just because you looked at your HR.
    3) It does not export to Apple Health, it imports from apple Health. if you are not wearing your watch it will take the step data from apple and bring it into MySports to fill I the gaps. It does not send activity tracking data to Apple.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MarieanneMarieanne Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Too bad that TomTom stops. They make the best products. TomTom smartwatches are really well thought out at certain points. Thanks for your response.