Sat Nav GPS not working — TomTom Community

Sat Nav GPS not working

Hi, i've got sat nav 25 i have been using this for 2 years now. when i select my destination it shows on the screen " waiting for valid GPS signal.." i waited and waited and waited but after an hour of driving still No GPS. i did reset to factory settings but no effect. i checked my " my drive connect " account for GPS quickfix but it's already updated. the problem remains unresolved. Please Help, many thanks

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,070
    Superusers
    Hi
    @st.nayhr

Have you tried a Drum roll restart on the device ????
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
  • st.nayhrst.nayhr Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @YamFazMan

Thank you so much for your help...i didn't reply sooner as i tested the sat nav for few destinations after i drum roll it. ..and so far it works. you saved me ££££ as i plan to buy new one. Again , thankr you so much.

st.nayhr
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,070
    Superusers
    Hi
    @st.nayhr

Cool, glad you're sorted :relaxed:
    Keep the Drum-roll restart in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

ATB YFM