Tom Tom my Drive says 'no internet connection' — TomTom Community

Tom Tom my Drive says 'no internet connection'

Sparker66Sparker66 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in MyDrive Connect
Help! I'm trying to update my device, I'm connected to the Internet but Tom Tom drive just says 'no internet connection' I'm on Windows 8, have excluded Tom Tom from my anitvirus, have uninstalled and re-installed Tom Tom Drive, restarted the laptop but still the same message.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
  • ajtoajto Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Everytime I want to update it's this same long winded pain in the backside, mydrive saying "no internet connection" WHEN I DO. never buying tomtom again.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,922
    Superuser
    Hi @ajto

What PC are you using and what Tomtom unit. There may well be settings in your PC that are causing the problems.

Doug
  • JontypostJontypost Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I had/have the same sort of problem by it saying " No internet connection" so I uninstalled MYDrive and it connected to allow updates but once I came out of the site it keeps "popping" up with the same message! So I have no idea what to do, I mean I can't keep uninstalling and installing can I?
  • tollcrosstollcross Posts: 24 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    When you uninstall remnants of the program are left behind which could still cause you problems...to do a clean uninstall ..download free Revo uninstaller....run it to uninstall My drive...remember and click on SCAN after part one of the uninstall finishes...a list comes up of what was left...click on Select all and delete....re.install my drive
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,470
    Superusers
    edited May 2020
    Hi
    @Jontypost
    Welcome to the site....
    If I have a problem with myDrive Connect... instead of UN-installing & RE-installing MyDrive Connect
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect CPR to bring it back to life...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686214/#Comment_1686214
    I'm on a Mac but have found the two folders you mentioned (Home3 and MyDriveConnect) and deleted them. Hurrah.. that's done the trick after a couple of frustrating weeks I've updated it successfully.
    Many thanks for the advice.

On a Mac....
    The "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders are located here...
    MacOS: Users\Username\Library\Application Support\TomTom\

Stay Safe... ATB YFM