VIA 125 End of Life? — TomTom Community

VIA 125 End of Life?

Hello,

I use a VIA 125 and I've also received the feared EOL message from TomTom, including a discount offer for the GO 520 (-20%) and the GO 5200 (-30%).

According to this forum message, the end of life notice applies to devices with an internal memory of 2GB or less.

To my knowledge, the VIA 125 has 4GB internal memory. Will it be affected by the EOL nevertheless?

Regards

Comments

• HCivicHCivic Posts: 32 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Thanks for your quick reply.

My device has a "BH" serial number, which is not affected according to above links.

Cheers
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,769
    Superuser
    @HCivic

Did you have an older device before you VIA 125 that you used the same email address to log into TomTom Home?
  • HCivicHCivic Posts: 32 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    No. The VIA 125 is my first and only TomTom device.

Cheers
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,567
    Superuser
    Hi @HCivic

You tried to see? In addition you received a personalized email offering this discount, you have not asked for anything. :wink:

I just did it and it works. I don't have an EOL device on the TomTom account used.
    In VOUCHERCODE copied/pasted this code:
    obsoleteol

bc4d5b12-567b-47f3-90a3-672549f77a68.png
    I made several simulations of purchase, you can choose another product the percentage of reduction could be different.
    If you have an empty page after choosing the product, refresh your page and paste the discount code.

You respond favorably to the offer that TomTom has sent you and your credit card will be happy. :slight_smile:

Regards.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    Hi
    @HCivic

You May have received the Email in error....
    When calling you will be prompted by the Auto Response System DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information stay silent, wait for a live agent to respond
    Explain Your device has 4GB of Memory and your your devices serial number Prefix is not on the EOL list

Tomtom Customer service Phone numbers....
    :flag_nl: Nederland (Holland)
    020 850 1007
    Maandag: 09:00 tot 17:30
    Dinsdag t/m vrijdag: 09:00 tot 16:30

ATB YFM
    Superuser
    @VikramK @Lorna @lampard

Can you confirm that the relevant team have been notified that when they send out this type of email, that the will in future, identify the device that they are referencing, if only by using the first 4 to 6 characters of the serial number, otherwise this will be seen as very sloppy marketing, that will backfire on what they are trying to achieve.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    @Niall

Why are you here instead of watching France's WC victory??!! :grinning:
    Superuser
    @dhn

Not a footie follower, and the wive is watching tennis from Wimbledon, while I followed the "Tour":bicyclist: on the web :)
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Niall wrote:
    @VikramK @Lorna @lampard

Can you confirm that the relevant team have been notified that when they send out this type of email, that the will in future, identify the device that they are referencing, if only by using the first 4 to 6 characters of the serial number, otherwise this will be seen as very sloppy marketing, that will backfire on what they are trying to achieve.

Don't be silly Niall "this will be seen as very sloppy marketing" so no change there then!
    Same as allowing you to actually buy & pay for a map and only when you come to try to download/install it will it THEN tell you it's not suitable for your EOL device!

A bit like their TOTAL (ignorant maybe?) SILENCE on this genuine question:- https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/map-purchasing-57/can-you-buy-the-map-of-the-world-for-nav2-devices-and-which-countries-are-covered-1037534
    Superuser
    @justmebrowsing

But the question still needs to be asked, silence will condemn them ;)
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Niall wrote:
    @justmebrowsing

But the question still needs to be asked, silence will condemn them ;)

again & again & again (reminds me the lyrics to an old song; "when will they ever learn, when will they evver learn?"):wink: