Can't empty storage on TomTom Runner 3?

echoldsworth
echoldsworth Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
when I connect my TomTom Runner to my laptop (MacBook air) it syncs fine but the storage on the watch isn't emptying after the sync. So it's going to get full soon, and I can't seem to empty it, no matter how many times i sync the watch via TomTom Sports with either my phone or my laptop. Can anyone help please?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    You need to do a factory reset to clear it (and may need to do it occasionally). This is a known issue for a very small number of users and since TT has gone out of the watch business it is not likely to ever be resolved. When you see the storage filling up just do a factory reset and it will clear it. A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in so everything is saved on MySports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch but this clears itself every 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and MySports is not affected. The reset itself takes less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Tired5000
    Tired5000 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have to say, TOM TOM is forever on my S list and I'll never purchases another product. So frustrating that I can't go for a few runs without the storage being full and then I have to sign in to the stupid TOM TOm connect BS which doensn't EVER recognize my device. Then I have to spend 30 minutes waasting time about how to tweak Windows Network Adapters to recognize the Tom Tom Connect. SCREW ALL OF this. I'm done. I'm done. Just another example of a company trying to do TOO MUCH instead of focusing on making simple, easy to use products that get the job done. Garmin here I come, forever.