Uploading an Activity to App/PC

Neil Scaturchio
Neil Scaturchio Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi,

I'm a Tomtom newbie, and have been using my phone to track my runs with MapMyFitness app previously. I must say, the watch was very comfortable to run with, much more so than a bulky damned phone strapped to my arm! :)

I've recently bought a Tomtom Runner 3, and have today gone for a run with the GPS tracker thingy activated. It has seemingly picked up that I went for the run, as it has my 9433 steps showing in the 'Progress' section of the Tomtom Sports thing on my pc. When I click into the 'Activities' section though, it doesn't show anything about my run, it just shows some numpty on an exercise bike and says 'Get going - record your first activity to see it here' below. Should it not have been recorded/uploaded when I connected the watch to my pc after the run?

I've searched, and found that you can upload .gpx files from your pc to Tomtom Sports, however I don't have a .gpx file for the run saved in the Explorer menu for the watch on my pc when it's connected.

Help?!?.....Or has Tomtom left the wearables market (as I've also recently found out) and so no longer give a stuff about those of us who have forked out good money for their products?

If so, what's the most creative way someone can suggest to destroy my Tomtom Runner 3? I might even film & upload it online if I like your idea! :D

Thanks,
Neil Scaturchio

Comments

• Neil Scaturchio
    Neil Scaturchio Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Ok, have finally got it, so looks like I won't be destroying my watch just yet!

Re-synced my watch to my phone, and my run stats magically appeared where it should, and uploaded to MapMyFitness as well. Hell, I even managed to post it to Facebook too! All this of course after I was all fired up about not being able to make it work! haha Always the way!

Oh well, look forward to using it again soon, and will hopefully have many years ahead of happy run tracking!
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    Glad you sorted it out, but if you recently bought the watch I would take care with your buying decision considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development so what you get in the box will likely be all there is. There are also major connectivity and battery drain issues that have not been resolved in over nine months. If you are able, you may want to consider returning the device and going with another brand from a company that is actively in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.