Device VIA 1510 Will not stay on route- GPS issue — TomTom Community

Device VIA 1510 Will not stay on route- GPS issue

My unit has trouble staying on route, keeping connected to the satellites and when it does work, it is constantly off route by a couple of blocks.

It tells you to turn down streets that are not there, it cannot keep up with the vehicle, it is constantly 30 to 45 seconds behind and in a city environment that can be two or three blocks. I've connected it to my computer and it will not update, it claims I need some sort of "graphics card" my computer is only two years old and when I looked up the type of card that is needed, that card is outdated by many years.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

In addition, when my GPS unit arrived, it was over year old. Every month I get alerts on the unit that say "your unit is now X months old, it needs to be connected to your computer to be updated. As explained earlier, it will not update.

Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,768
    Superuser
    @dogboy34

Do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)

Also get the latest version of MyDrive Connect (MDC) from here https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/product_select/locale/en_US
    Once it is installed regularly get a copy of QuickGPSFix and do a soft reset after each download