Maps for GO 6250 without 3D buildings — TomTom Community

Maps for GO 6250 without 3D buildings

geliosgelios Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Maps for tomtom 6250 without 3D buildings? Change any setting for remove 3D building from map?
thanks

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,733
    Superusers
    Hi
    @gelios

As far as I'm aware Map without 3D buildings were/are for the NAV4 Devices with 8GB if Memory

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) Devices have 16GB so there is plenty of room

If you use the 2D (indirection of Travel) Driving Map... Then obviously 3D buildings are never offed

A while ago spent some time testing appearance/disappearance of the 3D buildings display
    Using a Route Demo and the three Zoom options plus the effect of Manual Zoom....

(1)... Zoom into next turn... 3D buildings seem to appear/disappear the most
    I think this is mainly caused because of the extreme levels of zoom used for Road types Urban areas, Town/Cites... Junctions and Roundabouts
    The 3D buildings also seem to take a much longer time to render

(2)... Zoom 'Based on road type'... 3D buildings appear to be more stable and as you enter the area of 3D buildings, the buildings appear to render more quickly

(3)... Zoom 'None'.... At Default Zoom 3D buildings appear OK but look small and out of scale to the road
    If you Zoom the Map, the road appears to zoom-in a lot more quickly than the surrounding 3D buildings

Manual Zoom works on all three Zoom Options... The good news is if you hate/love 3D buildings you can turn them off/on at will by simply manually zooming in or out
    Especially for the NAV5(Wi-Fi) devices with 16GB of memory and no option offered to load the Europe Map (Without 3D Buildings)

ATB YFM
  • geliosgelios Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a tomtom 6100. When updating maps, you can select maps without 3D buildings. Do the Tomtom 6250 have no choice, is there only one map for truck with 3 buildings?
    Tomtom 6250 this is a product for professional use, and 3d buildings complicate the perception of the maps
  • bigbig Posts: 1,629
    Superuser
    2D maps seem to be offered only if there is not enough space for the 3D maps.
  • pisiku73_un36pisiku73_un36 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited December 2019
    Quite honest, I dislike very much the 3D buildings on the map. I consider it to be unnecessary information making the map so much larger than it should be. And it covers sections of map /roads obstructing what's most important: the route.
    I would anytime prefer the old simple map with no fuss which would take only 100s of MB.
    I'm quite disappointed with the Go 6250 "Professional" which has no option to deactivate 3D buildings or to have an option to download a map without 3D buildings.
    I very much hope that this issue will be addressed in the future updates...
    Come on Tomtom, you can do it if you really want to..!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,286
    Superuser
    Hi @pisiku73_un36

If you

Tap Menu (4 Dots)
    Tap Settings
    Tap Appearance

Do you get offered an option Guidance View . If you do get the option and Tap it does it not offer the option to turn off

Show 3D buildings
    Show 3D Landmarks

This is possible on the GO5200 car model.

Doug
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @pisiku73_un36

Are you sure My GO 6200 & GO Premium does....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Appearance --> Guidance view....

tdg8aghpwy1r.jpg
    ATB YFM

DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @pisiku73_un36

If you

Tap Menu (4 Dots)
    Tap Settings
    Tap Appearance

Do you get offered an option Guidance View . If you do get the option and Tap it does it not offer the option to turn off

Show 3D buildings
    Show 3D Landmarks

This is possible on the GO5200 car model.

Doug

Friends, THANK YOU SO MUCH for guiding me to the relevant setting. Much appreciated!
    I feel quite embarrassed now, but happy that such seeing exists.
    I'm sure this post will help others as well..
    Thank you again!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,286
    Superuser
    Hi @pisiku73_un36

Your welcome.

Doug
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @pisiku73_un36

Are you sure My GO 6200 & GO Premium does....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Appearance --> Guidance view....

tdg8aghpwy1r.jpg
    ATB YFM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !
    Very helpful!
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @pisiku73_un36

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)
    I also hate 3D building

ATB YFM