Track and locate my lost TomTom Spark

RDS180
RDS180 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Its possible track and locate my lost Tomtom Spark 2 Cardio Music?
How i need to do for the site TomTom locate a activity of my watch, and send me a notification?
the clock was stolen yesterday!

Thanks for your help.
Eduardo
(RDS180)

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    You cannot track it, it is not possible, that is not the way the technology works. It is a GPS receiver, not a transmitter, so it is not giving off anything that can be tracked. If someone found it and called in to support with the serial number they could contact you, but if it was stolen that is not likely to happen. Sadly, you are out of luck.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • RDS180
    RDS180 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Ok tfarabaugh. I now this part of awser. But imagine someone install the tomtom program on android or on windows, and connect the watch. The program read the serial number, and is this number are in the list of " lost and found" possible the site of tomtom tracking the location by IP address. I need this Technologies works in the site. Please install this. Is a good Idea for Tomtom. Please inform-me if it is possible.
    Thanks
    Eduardo
    (RDS180)
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    RDS180 wrote:
    Ok tfarabaugh. I now this part of awser. But imagine someone install the tomtom program on android or on windows, and connect the watch. The program read the serial number, and is this number are in the list of " lost and found" possible the site of tomtom tracking the location by IP address. I need this Technologies works in the site. Please install this. Is a good Idea for Tomtom. Please inform-me if it is possible.
    Thanks
    Eduardo
    (RDS180)
    There is no lost and found database and they are not going to spend the money to build one, especially considering they left the market entirely. And they are certainly got going to track IP addresses as that opens them up to a host or privacy and liability issues. Unfortunately, it is gone, time to move on.