Live traffic data consumption- Go 50 — TomTom Community

Live traffic data consumption- Go 50

Shippy33Shippy33 Posts: 47 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Services
My TomTom Go 50 has lifetime traffic. This is used via my android phone, I do the same journey every data and use 1mb per day of data for the last week I now use 23mb of data per day, the journey is approximately 45 minutes duration. I have not changed any settings so wonder why use of data has radically increased.
Clive

Comments

• bigbig Posts: 1,641
    Superuser
    Are you sure your data use is due to the Go 50? Even 1MB/day seems like too much. Perhaps there is something else running in the background such as Weather, Facebook, a news feed etc.?
  • Shippy33Shippy33 Posts: 47 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Thanks for reply big, as far as I can check I think the use of data is down to my Go. On some journeys I have switched the Go off and no data is used
  • LL Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, I'm having a similar problem with my Go5200. TomTom say it should use about 7MB a month with 1hr a day travel at peak times. Using the hotspot on my iPhone I've made two short journeys in regular traffic. One used 130MB and the other 80MB. Not sustainable! Any suggestions? Thanks
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,431
    Superusers
    Hi

I'm not seeing a problem here...
    Phone....
    I use a Nokia 625 Windows Phone for Live Traffic + Phone
    I use to buy a Data Package for the Live Traffic... One month I forgot to renew, and the Data was billed to my Pay as you Go Account, the charge was so small I haven't bothered to renew my Data Package
    But obviously If your a Professional Driver on the road all day every day, you would use more data

The Live Traffic system is different for the USA & Canada

Tomtom FAQ Phone data usage
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1576

ATB YFM
  • LL Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, it's an issue because instead of using 7MB for 30 hours driving I'm using 130MB for 30 minutes. Even if I had unlimited data (which I don't) something is not right. :grin: