export steps to myfitnesspal — TomTom Community

export steps to myfitnesspal

helenmt4helenmt4 Posts: 23 [Outstanding Explorer]
Hi I would like to export my daily steps to myfitnesspal. I have linked my watch and see that activities come across but cannot work out how to get my steps across. If it can't happen directly is there a way around? e.g.can I export my step data to apple health and then into MFP?

Thank you

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    You cannot export steps, all it exports are sports activities. You may be able to go through an intermediary but it will depend on what the intermediary imports. Best bet is to play around with it and see.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • helenmt4helenmt4 Posts: 23 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thank you. Can you please recommend an intermediary? Is Apple health one?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    helenmt4 wrote:
    Thank you. Can you please recommend an intermediary? Is Apple health one?
    I did some research and I am not sure any of them do what you want. The Apple integration allows steps picked up by the phone to transfer to TomTom in case you were not wearing your watch, it does not send data to Apple. I am not sure any services get data from TomTom, so you are likely out of luck. Here is an article explaining it:

http://corporate.tomtom.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=1026342

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.