How do I make a complaint to TomTom — TomTom Community

How do I make a complaint to TomTom

m.bulcock_un16m.bulcock_un16 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 31 in Travel lounge
I have a GO5200 WI-Fi which like many other i see on these forums takes 7+ hours to update and is not the 'easy to use' Wi-Fi technology that it was sold to be. . . .

I have contacted Tomtom customer services through the website contact form, and by e-mail, twitter, face book and finally the telephone. . . . I was told by the call handler that i can not make a complaint? under my statutory rights i want to return the product for a refund as it does not do what it is sold to do. . . . but despite trying to contact tomtom they just ignore me and refuse to respond.

How do i contact a member of Tomtom senior management to complain about my treatment and customer experience?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    Call support and ask for a manager or 2nd level support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • m.bulcock_un16m.bulcock_un16 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Already called, emailed messaged via twitter, Facebook, Tomtom website they are a complete shambles...... I will now try this number as well after being fobbed off for two months. I have never experienced such poor service from any other company. Let’s see how this goes - thanks for your reply.....
  • m.bulcock_un16m.bulcock_un16 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Tried this number today - went through a plethora of numerical options then sat on hold for 20 minutes before transferring to the same (Indian?) call centre (i.e. not the UK office expected to answer!!!!) who refused to let me speak to a manager unless i gave my compliant ref and e-mail address and details of my compliant, I repeatedly asked to speak to a manager and was told that i could not and that they wanted me to discuss the details with them first.

Obviously I explained that I did not wish to go through all the details with them only to have to repeat it all with the manager.

The call handler refused to put me through to a manager and would not allow me to make a complaint???? and on 2 occasions the call handler even left the phone for a few minutes to 'try to get a manager', but they were on 'another call' surely this is a breach of my statutory consumer rights.

TomTom's customer services are absolutely shockingly appalling

Looks like i have no option but to seek advice from a consumer ombudsman in relation to the breach of my statutory consumer rights. . . .