Battery life - Runner 3

OLEENR
OLEENR Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello.

Since 1 year, I own a Runner 3 Cardio updated to latest firmware 1.7.64.
Notifications off, Sync manual, HR on, sleep off.
Also using it only as a watch (without activities that imply the continuous use of Cardio and GPS), the battery life is less than 24 hours.
It looks like the degradation of battery life is related to the firmware upgrade (???).
Is there an update soon?
Is possible to roll-back the firmware to a previous version?

Thanks.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates, even though 1.7.64 was supposed to fix it. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version to 1.3.255 it should fix it.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • OLEENR
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for your answer.
    Firmware version to 1.3.255 seams to be very old!

Is the roll-back to an such old FW version the official TomTom solution to the issue related to battery life degradated in a 1 year old watch?

Regards
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    OLEENR wrote:
    Thanks for your answer.
    Firmware version to 1.3.255 seams to be very old!

Is the roll-back to an such old FW version the official TomTom solution to the issue related to battery life degradated in a 1 year old watch?

Regards
    That is the only solution until they come up with a fix, which may never happen considering they left the market months ago and laid off the Sports staff.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • OLEENR
    Apprentice Traveler
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    That is the only solution until they come up with a fix, which may never happen considering they left the market months ago and laid off the Sports staff.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
    I believe that is not correct to say that "they left the market months ago and laid off the Sports staff".
    I've contacted the Tech Support and they has organized to send my Runner 3 Cardio to a repair center.
    The watch should be back in 10 days.
    Cross finger.
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    They did not lay off Customer Support, they laid off the Sports Division, who were responsible for product development. They are still in the SatNav and other business lines and continue to support their existing products.