Custom symbols in TomTom Camper 2018!

BengtS
BengtS Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Is it possible to insert "custom symbols" for IP lists that you did in the older model piece of TomTom Camper? Or are it the symbols that exist in GPS??

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Hi BengtS

I think you will find that the specific preloaded camper related POI files on the GO Camper such as Campercontact and ADAC etc will be displayed on the map if you switch them on in settings and have an Icon that is specific to each of them. If you look at the Tomtom site you can see examples of those icons on the unit and in the Manual for the unit there is more information. However any 3rd Party POI files you load will have no specific Icon allocated to them but you have the option to select 1 of the 6 basic icons that are available for allocation but you will need to remember which POI each Icon is for.

If I tap on a Basic Icons which I have used for National Trust sites it displays what the NT site the Icon is at.

Doug
  • BengtS
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks Doug for a quick and complete response.
    That's when I thought, in my old TomTom Camper, I could add specific symbols to each IP list I installed. The use of the new Camper is then not optimal with the limitation to 6 pre-selected symbols that do not indicate what type of list I installed. But we will have to live with it until TomTom think about in a new software update.
    Bengt
  • Ovalball03
    Ovalball03 Registered Users Posts: 299
    Renowned Trailblazer
    You will have to live a long time then.We have waited 5 years for this feature to return and there is absolutely no sign of it.I think tomtom are waiting for us all to die off and then they can forget it about it forever.
  • BengtS
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hope you're wrong, in my TomTom GO Live Camper & Caravan, I could import my own symbols, the new TomTom GO CAMPER has just a few months on the market here in Sweden so much can happen than I hope!
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    Ovalball03 wrote:
    We have waited 5 years for this feature to return and there is absolutely no sign of it.
    I disagree. Until recently you couldn't change the symbol at all. Now at least you have a few generic ones to choose from. And examining the data dumped from MyDrive I see it actually makes reference to which symbol to display, so I'm hoping that's another sign there is progress.

But as I've said in the past: Waiting patiently. VERY patiently.