Audio cues for distance — TomTom Community

Audio cues for distance

ClaireGrafClaireGraf Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I had runkeeper and it gave audio cues after every km/m, or every 5km, etc if you wanted.
The audio cues from TomTom only seem to do 50% and 90% or heart rate? That is strange. If there plans to have the full feature one day?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    Voice coaching is only available in specific training modes, not in general across the watch. You will get the following prompts:

General prompts: Watch ready, Demo mode, Bluetooth not working when swimming.
    Training Partner prompts:
    Zone: in zone, above zone, below zone.
    Goal: at 50%, 90% 100% and 110% of goal.
    Race: ahead, behind, lost, won.

So unless you are in Zone, Goal or Race you will not get any prompts. In lap mode it will buzz to inform you of a completed lap and show the lap time on the watch but there are no audio prompts for it.

This is not going to change considering TT went out of business in the watch market and is no longer producing new devise or doing development on their existing ones.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • ClaireGrafClaireGraf Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That's sad. They still sell a lot of them and give the hardware in Fitbit etc is getting worse....
    I think they are making a mistake dropping this all together
  • ClaireGrafClaireGraf Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I can't find an option or button that says mark as solution.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    ClaireGraf wrote:
    I can't find an option or button that says mark as solution.
    It is because you did not list it as a question. One of the moderators will do it.

They left the market eight months ago and completely withdrew from the US (their largest market) four months ago so it is a long since done deal.