How do I move routes created on my TomTom rider 40 to another TomTom or MyDrive or tyre? — TomTom Community

How do I move routes created on my TomTom rider 40 to another TomTom or MyDrive or tyre?

DannylDannyl Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited November 2018 in RIDER
I can see that tracks downloaded can be shared but I want to get at routes that I have planned on my device.. I can share and get to tracks downloaded to my rider 40 but I want to get at routes that I have planned on the device whilst on the bike

Comments

• EXPORTMANEXPORTMAN Posts: 634
    Superusers
    As far as I am Aware the only option is Bluetooth from another device. Unless the 40 has a micro sd slot but then you will be removing the device from your bike anyway
  • DannylDannyl Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    i can use micro sd card and bluetooth. But it seems only tracks can be exported as opposed to routes. can i convert a route to a track on the device and then export it?
  • EXPORTMANEXPORTMAN Posts: 634
    Superusers
    No I don't think so route you plan on line are saved as routes with a minimal number of way points. Not sure how planning on the device would work but from what you wrote it only saves it as a track. I have never considered planning on the device. Always on a computer bigger screen to check the detail. Don't even use the phone version of myroute app for planning. If i use the record function I always open it via a computer and remove a lot of way points
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 256 [Exalted Navigator]
    Unfortunately .itn routes cannot be shared from the Rider. They cannot be shared via Bluetooth or saved onto a MicroSD.

I've tried many route planning options over the years with both Garmin and TomTom, and in my opinion the best one is MyRoute-App. The .itn routes can be shared with friends via the .itn file, or through the "friends" function in the app itself. It allows route planning on a computer screen before you leave and more importantly on a smartphone while you're on the road. The planned route can be transferred to the Rider via Bluetooth (Android only - I haven't managed it on my iPhone so far), or using a MicroSD card and an On-the-Go USB cable or card reader. (The iPhone also needs the free iUSB-Pro app).