help :(- Device will not start — TomTom Community

help :(- Device will not start

my tomtom is just show red tomtom o the corner. i tried using tomtom my drive connect and nothing here's pics to give you an idea. it stays stuck on the second screen with the tomtom logo. please help i'm going to florida to see my kids and need this working. i also try resetting it by holding the button down but i don't get to the menu it keeps rebooting.8569fc22-ab0c-4d6b-aca2-4e4bf7d0fb08.jpg4e227950-9483-4eff-80f5-5147cf9de42c.jpg

Comments

• sw1ftsw1ft Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    @Niall i followed step by step and i can't seem to get to that text screen i've done this before it just keeps rebooting to the red tomtom logo.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,767
    Superuser
    @sw1ft

Leave it charging for a couple of hours, preferably not attached to a laptop, then press the on/off button till you get the white text screen (can be up to a minute). What level dose the battery charge show show? Example screen:-
    2fb4ce04-490c-4f5e-ae53-9ad5be14e1a9.jpg
    Once you have that try the 3 very quick taps of the on/off button procedure
    @Niall i can't seem to get on that screen i did exactly what the video showed numerous times. with the tomtom charging all night. i tried again this morning and still the same loop with red tomtom logo on the right.
    Superuser
    @sw1ft

Once you get the red TomTom logo, keep holding the on/off button down, this may take quite a few seconds till you get the screen I illustrated
    still nothing it keeps looping on the red tomtom screen i held it down for 2 min with soar fingers now lol.
    Superuser
    @sw1ft

Check with Customer Services, they may have an alternative solution

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST