email — TomTom Community

email

WizzoAlexWizzoAlex Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Please can TomTom confirm that the Critical Update | France's Speed Limits email received today is genuine before I open it. Thanks

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,326
    Superusers
    It's legitimate. Version 1011 to reflect France's new (lower) speed limits is available.
  • WizzoAlexWizzoAlex Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks very much. Good to be safe etc
  • Troggy53Troggy53 Posts: 50 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Good idea to check here.
    My rule of thumb to assess a genuine email is to get the full email address displayed and examine the domain name. If it’s the same as the main company then it’s probably ok.
    [email protected]
    so the last section after the @ is the interesting one. Clearly it’s the same last bit as the normal TomTom web site. So pretty much certain to be legit.
    I had a closed group post this morning from a “new member” telling about Tesco Clubcard 1000 point giveaway. Hmm Tesco giving away points? Strike1.
    All the commenters names were not normal mix of UK surnames. Strike2.
    The email domain was something like @tescoclubcard.uk.com. Not even close to Tesco domain name. STRIKE3 OUT.

On the downside- You have to be very careful nowadays as some spoofs have slightly different characters that look ok superficially but a good look will show it’s not same as genuine site. If in doubt leave it.
  • WizzoAlexWizzoAlex Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks very much - good advice