error code 148- LIVE Services connecitivity error — TomTom Community

error code 148- LIVE Services connecitivity error

sukhsukh Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Services
i have error code 148 appearing on my device it keeps shutting down and restarting have tried many times reset but to no avail can anybody help

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,900
    Superuser
    @sukh

Do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)

If that doesn't help, you'll need to call support as the sim card in your device seems to have a problem and may need reactivating, as you have not put your country in your profile see https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/customer-support-phone-numbers-988105
  • sukhsukh Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i tried to do reboot no joy i called support and fobbed off with excuses about the battery could be faulty or the the item maybe faulty and that i should buy a new one as they cant do anything to help it would cost £90 for battery exchange or i can be given 15% towards a new one so i asked whats a good one £155 really
    Tom Tom is not what they say they and its a waste of money buying a new one for them to find another loop hole to slip out

thanks for your help :disappointed_relieved:
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,900
    Superuser
    @sukh

Check this FAQ https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/live-sim/

Also are you using the USB port in your vehicle as it provides only 0.5Amps whereas your device should have 1.2Amps to run AND charge the battery. With a car USB port the reduced power means that the device tries to save it's power requirements by dimming the screen, reducing power to the SIM thus dropping traffic info, and, as you have found out, it then powers off.
    Try plugging the original cable into the original cigarette lighter charger, does it then keep shutting down?
  • BobC1823BobC1823 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have owned my TOMTOM Go930 for8 yrs and apart from a few
    software niggles it was fine.
    I just recently updated the software and maps then i found that the machine
    was shutting down for no apparent reason after a few minutes..
    I searched the web for a possible answer , I am sorry to say that I found the TomTom website less than useles regarding this issue.

I collected the various fixes elsewhere on the web and applied them.
    1. Ensure software and maps are up to date
    2. Back up your device.
    3. Perform a reset using the paper clip method
    4. Remove the SD card (if fitted) and check contacts
    5. ReBoot holding the on/off button down for 10 seconds
    6. Let the device run for about 10 mins to see it it is cured
    7. Refit the SD card
    This should clear the problem.

I am not a techie or in anyway assocoated with TomTom
    I just wanted to share what worked for me.