Waypoints/stops lost between myDrive and Rider 450 — TomTom Community

Waypoints/stops lost between myDrive and Rider 450

Xorro175Xorro175 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
I use TomTom myDrive to plan my routes which normally include several waypoints.
When I download the route to a GPX file and load it on to the device I get a track and not a route, the track contains only my start and end points and loses the stops.

It's very frustrating as several times now I've missed a waypoint I should be stopping at. I've had my Rider 450 for about a year and I'm sure I've had routes on it before because I remember going in to the menu, selecting current route and 'skip next stop' (whether I planned this route on the device I'm not sure)

Am I going mad, can the Rider 450 not cope with GPX files with stops in?

I have a Mac so I can't use TyrePro.

TIA

P.S Does anyone know why I end up with two routes on the TomTom once I've imported a GPX file? I end up with:
Home to Cake stop
Home to Cake stop (2)

I can't see any difference between them?

Comments

• Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 748
    Superuser
    Try MyRoute-app. Save your route as an ITN file then upload it to the device through Bluetooth...
  • Xorro175Xorro175 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ste7ios wrote:
    Try MyRoute-app. Save your route as an ITN file then upload it to the device through Bluetooth...

Thanks, I created an itinerary file in myRouteApp which does the job of keeping waypoints, but I see that the TT device then works out the route between them again.

I did some playing around with TT myDrive and the TT Rider, if I select the option to sync the track to my device then it does seem to come across with the stops and the route.
    I need to load the same route on to my partners TT, which is signed in under a different account, so it looks like myRouteApp may be the best solution as I can export to itn and then copy it to both devices.

It's a shame that myDrive won't export to an itn file itself, or at least keep the stops when exporting to a gpx.
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 748
    Superuser
    A route is always dynamic. It’s calculated every time and it may change anytime according to your settings, road & traffic conditions.

For that reason a route file (ITN) contains only a list of the waypoints you want to visit.

If you want to follow a more specific route you’ve to add some intermediate waypoints to force the route calculation to be the same every time you load the route...
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 256 [Exalted Navigator]
    If you subscribe to MyRoute-app you can a) access the TomTom maps and b) the toolkit has an expand function which adds a specified number of additional waypoints on the route so Rider is more likely to follow your chosen route.