What3Words addressing — TomTom Community

What3Words addressing

Hi VikramK,
Can you inform me when the What3words addressing will be released.
Thank you.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,969 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Shell

The 'What3Words' is a feature which will first be implemented for our B2B operations, unfortunately we don't have plans to release it for the consumer products.

But if anything changes I will be happy to announce it here.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • ShellbyGriffShellbyGriff Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi VikramK,
    Thank you for your reply. However the press release states the following,

"what3words addressing will roll-out to TomTom Consumer and Automotive customers in the second half of 2018."

As you can see it clearly states Consumer and Automotive customers.

Best Regards.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,969 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Shell

I know, I read it when it was published. :)

We don't have a confirmation for this yet, especially for the consumer products.

If there is any news, I will surely announce it here..

Thanks
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 317 [Supreme Pioneer]
    I've just been directed here from this thread: When will iOS TomTom GO and MyDrive support what3words?

It is disgusting that the TomTom press team can release such lies that what3words will be available for both Consumer and Automotive customers when moderators of the official TomTom forum say that TomTom has no plans to release what3words for the consumer products.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,976 Superusers
    Hi
    @Privateer UK

It is disgusting that the TomTom press team can release such lies that what3words will be available for both Consumer and Automotive customers when moderators of the official TomTom forum say that TomTom has no plans to release what3words for the consumer products.

I know, I read it when it was published. :)
    We don't have a confirmation for this yet, especially for the consumer products.
    If there is any news, I will surely announce it here..

Thanks
    How on earth do you interpret Vikrams post from five Months ago...
    "We don't have a confirmation for this yet, especially for the consumer products.
    If there is any news, I will surely announce it here"

Into.... "Moderators of the official TomTom forum say that TomTom has no plans to release what3words for the consumer products" ???

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

We used to be able to use Mapcodes on MyDrive (web) but after an update back in July 2017 for search improvements :grinning: this facility was no longer available which is a pity as it was a facility I used as we often drive to rural destinations at night where it can become an issue to locate our final destination based on post codes which may take you up to 1/2 mile away.................:thinking:

I know we can still input map codes on the PND itself, however being a bit lazy (and easier to use a PC keyboard too) I prefer to use MyDrive first and then send the location to the device, so that when we get into the car we are then ready to go........... :grinning:

A TT moderator (now retired @MikkkoK) said back in July 2017:

"Hi Bobby,

I got a confirmation that this indeed has to do with the recent release. The team is aware of this and will address the matter in a later release. Unfortunately, I don't know the exact release date.

Cheers, Mikko"

Still waiting almost 1 1/2 years later !!! :persevere:
    Based in UK - Tomtom Go 6200 (random ALG displayed )
    As Jack Nicholson would say: Is this as good as it gets??
  • oashoash Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Looking forward to possibility addition of What Three Words to my Tom Tom Go App. Can this be adopted?
    Oash
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,939 Superuser
    Hi @oash

Have you tried Mapcodes. They work on the Go Navigation app and you can cut and paste the codes from the Mapcode App to the Navigation App.

If you input DH.FX into search and accept first search result it takes you to the middle gate at front of Buckingham Palace. Shorter than a Postcode and 3 words. It works world wide and can basically identify a parking bay in a car park.

Doug
  • EwokEwok Posts: 40 [Master Explorer]
    Any update as to the addition of what3words to TomTom consumer devices?