Via 135 constantly drum rolling — TomTom Community

Via 135 constantly drum rolling

Hi
I bought a via 135 last year (brand new) as a gift for when my son could drive. Yesterday I unwrapped it and tried starting it up, it came up with a message that I needed to update it and plug into a computer and then went to the TomTom screen and a drum roll, after a few seconds the TomTom logo disappeared and then reappeared and then I got the drum roll again. It just keeps doing that. I've tried plugging it into the computer and switching on but it seems to be stuck in a loop of the logo appearing, a drum roll, the logo disappearing and then it starting all over again.

I've tried leaving the device on charge and having another go but it's made no difference. I've tried holding down the on off button but that hasn't made any difference and I don't know what else to try now.

This was supposed to be a great little present for passing his test and it's not really hit the mark at all so far.

Please help if you can.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    Can you connect it to a mains charger for a couple of hours (device can be off)?
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • Bear8Bear8 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    dhn wrote:
    Can you connect it to a mains charger for a couple of hours (device can be off)?
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Hi DHN

Yes, I've tried charging on a mains charger for over 2 hours and holding the power button for 20 seconds but it's still stuck in the same loop.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks