REGRET BUYING TOMTOM

manochou2
manochou2 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
After using it for one year plus with one replacement, I can say that
(a) Product and its features are good.
(b) The battery life is poor. It went duff in six months or so. Was replaced and now again the battery is duff.
(c) The after sales was good till warranty period. Now the mesage you get is "the message could not be delivered to the recepient,.
(d) My collegue who bought a different brand for slightly higher price is extremely happy and his brand had no problem whatsoever till date.
(e) The strap quality too is poor as it broke within few days of usage. It was understood that this product is for rough use when you exercise.

After Sales
Till warranty period prompt response.
After warranty period just no response. Mail bouncing back.

After 1 year and 3 months the product is another electronic garbage at home with no value whatsover.

Recommendation
AVOID IT IF YOU CAN. MAY GO FOR FITBIT / GARMIN but CERTAINLY NOT TOMTOM

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    manochou2 wrote:
    Recommendation
    AVOID IT IF YOU CAN. MAY GO FOR FITBIT / GARMIN but CERTAINLY NOT TOMTOM
    Considering that TT left the wearables market 9 months ago and is no longer producing devices, going with TT should not be anyone's choice if they do even the smallest amount of homework before buying.

By the way, I doubt the emails bouncing back has anything to do wit the warranty period, they have no way of blocking emails based on how long someone's warranty is. Have you tried picking up a phone and calling them? The battery life is a known issue with the latest firmware, have you requested the well-publicized roll-back to version 1.3.255 which fixes the battery issues? Strap quality is awful and is an embarrassment, but they are very good about replacing them at least.