Cannot connect to TomTom- Try again later- GO mobile Android error - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Cannot connect to TomTom- Try again later- GO mobile Android error

Comments

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,077 [Revered Pioneer]
    EthoZ wrote:
    For me, a working Go Mobile is back.
    I am surprised. Nothing is yet available from UK, even via VPN to Germany.
  • listek2000listek2000 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Yeahhh!!!!
    TomTom came back :)
    So I guess everything worked out fine . Thanks :)
  • mysiakmysiak Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Still the same for me, can't connect to Tomtom.
  • IJBollIJBoll Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Traffic updates stopped working. Told to uninstall the app and reinstall. Did that and now...when I try and activate the app it just says that it can't connect to Tom Tom. Great. Customer services gave advice on deleting play store etc, but still no joy, just the pain of reinstalling my google account on the phone.
    When is this going to get fixed?
    Tom Tom - if you are reading why not put an update on website so we know what is going on. Just good customer service!!!
    Google released updated Play store, which fixes authorization issues.

How to update manually - open Play store app, go to its settings, scroll down and click on "Play Store version".

After TomTom reinstallation, app starts and I can finally login and use it again.

Issue probably wasn't caused (only) by TomTom, but absolute lack of response from TomTom support team is very unprofessional.
  • IJBollIJBoll Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hey - you genius!!! Finally got it t:grin:o work. Why customer services did not advice me … well who knows. Thanks a million. Can use for road trip now !!!!!!!!
    GO Mobile finally woke up again. This had nothing to do with Google or their Play Store or needing to reinstall or update anything, just TomTom who finally fixed their broken servers.
  • danny13278danny13278 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    From the UK on a Galaxy S7 Edge nothing worked for me had looked all over the internet, removed my sd card uninstalled cleared cache all that stuff. Nothing worked just stuck on loading app.

Only thing that worked was formatting my SD card just did it through my phone.
  • jarkitajarkita Posts: 10 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Still no connection to TT servers for traffic, cameras or subscription renewal in the UK ...
    tgold wrote:
    GO Mobile finally woke up again. This had nothing to do with Google or their Play Store or needing to reinstall or update anything, just TomTom who finally fixed their broken servers.

https://www.xda-developers.com/latest-play-store-breaks-license-verification-paid-apps/
  • sprinsensprinsen Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Updating the Play Store itself solved it for me as well. As soon as the it was updated, the Tomtom app started working again, including traffic and all.
  • RealavdstegeRealavdstege Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Updating the Play Store itself solved it for me as well. As soon as the it was updated, the Tomtom app started working again, including traffic and all.

But support never react on that problem on my case also not any solution posten on the forums or on the German forums.

But i have also feeling it is not just the Play Store version also the tomtom servers itself.

But i am happy and can use the application again
    mysiak wrote:
    tgold wrote:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/latest-play-store-breaks-license-verification-paid-apps/
    GO Mobile is freeware and will work in a limited way with no paid license. The temporary inability to even reach the map server for a list of maps and then its restoration after no updating of any Google software seems to me to be unrelated to that licence verification issue. Let's see what TomTom has to say about this.
  • RealavdstegeRealavdstege Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    tgold
    Okee but in this morning even had problems to connect.
    I update the play store version follow procedure and then i start tomtom again and i was able to connect.

Lets wait on tomtom.
    tgold wrote:
    mysiak wrote:
    tgold wrote:
    GO Mobile is freeware and will work in a limited way with no paid license. The temporary inability to even reach the map server for a list of maps and then its restoration after no updating of any Google software seems to me to be unrelated to that licence verification issue. Let's see what TomTom has to say about this.
    I do not expect TomTom to say anything.

Inability to reach TomTom servers was happening only on recent Android versions (Oreo) - most probably because older versions didn't receive problematic Play Store update. I was able to simultaneously run TomTom with traffic from Android emulator (based on Android 4.4) without any issues, and yet my phone connected to the very same network gave me connection error. At the network level, connection with TomTom server has been fully established also from the phone.
    Even freeware TomTom verifies your license (free mileage etc) or attempts for tampering, so it's not completely "license free".
    I believe that issue was caused by combination of too strict license verification on TomTom side with problematic Google Play Store version.
    mysiak wrote:
    tgold wrote:
    This worked for me. Thanks
    mysiak wrote:
    I believe that issue was caused by combination of too strict license verification on TomTom side with problematic Google Play Store version.
    Yes, maybe different folks were coincidentally having different or even multiple problems. For me, being on Oreo/Android 8.1, the TomTom servers simply first broke and then were restored. I never received any Play Store updates either before or during that period.
    tgold wrote:
    mysiak wrote:
    Yes, maybe different folks were coincidentally having different or even multiple problems. For me, being on Oreo/Android 8.1, the TomTom servers simply first broke and then were restored. I never received any Play Store updates either before or during that period.
    Play Store updates are done in the background silently, how do you know if you received one? If you are on the latest one (which is almost certain), you received the update very recently.
    mysiak wrote:
    Play Store updates are done in the background silently, how do you know if you received one? If you are on the latest one (which is almost certain), you received the update very recently.
    My setting is "Do not auto-update apps." If Android is sneaking any updates past that setting then I would not know about them.
    tgold wrote:
    mysiak wrote:
    My setting is "Do not auto-update apps." If Android is sneaking any updates past that setting then I would not know about them.
    Google Play Store gets updated automatically, so you got it without knowing it. And probably earlier than rest of us, so your TomTom worked while ours did not ?
  • RN78RN78 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Finally is working in UK.
    RN78 wrote:
    TT fixed or You played with Play store?
  • raesewellraesewell Posts: 130 [Exalted Navigator]
    All working again here too. This happens all to often with Tomtom, I understand we can have the occasional glitch but Tomtom you need to get your act together, this downtime is unacceptable.
  • flatounetflatounet Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    not working here ,
    want try it on android ,install from play store ok ,

when i start it ,wait for connecting to tomtom
    unable to connect to tomtom try again later....
    ( im in eu france )
  • RN78RN78 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    jarkita wrote:
    RN78 wrote:
    TT fixed or You played with Play store?
    I did nothing, probably tomtom fixed the problem.