Runner 3 spare strap broken — TomTom Community

Runner 3 spare strap broken

manfiolomanfiolo Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
I bought an extra strap, in blue for runner 3 (the one I got with the watch is black and green)
The blue strap has broken in less than a year's time, and I claimed for a replacement.
The answer I got is that there are no other replacement straps in other colours than black and that strap guarantee is for 6 months.
Could you please reconfirm this info?
I find it confusing, as what I can see in your guarantee terms is 2 year for any product.

Thanks and regards

Comments

• AlezAlez Posts: 92 [Master Explorer]
    Hello, it has lasted me two years, they sent me a spare one for free and it is black-green, I do not care about the color and I appreciate that they sent it to me although I do not understand why the material is so vulnerable.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,620
    Superusers
    manfiolo wrote:
    I bought an extra strap, in blue for runner 3 (the one I got with the watch is black and green)
    The blue strap has broken in less than a year's time, and I claimed for a replacement.
    The answer I got is that there are no other replacement straps in other colours than black and that strap guarantee is for 6 months.
    Could you please reconfirm this info?
    I find it confusing, as what I can see in your guarantee terms is 2 year for any product.

Thanks and regards
    That is the policy, the warranty so for the watch when first purchased, any replacement parts have a different warranty. They are no longer in the watch business so the inventory of straps is going to be limited anyway and it is probably easier to simply make them all in black. If you are outside of the six months you will need to buy a replacement strap or go with a different watch (from a company still in the watch business).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • andymanserveandymanserve Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I was told when I bought my watch the strap was guaranteed for life but as the shop is got it from don't do them any more as they no longer supply the English market I don't no how to get a replacement
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,620
    Superusers
    I was told when I bought my watch the strap was guaranteed for life but as the shop is got it from don't do them any more as they no longer supply the English market I don't no how to get a replacement
    The shop lied to you (intentionally or not) and it is on them to make that right. TT has never advertised any guarantees for life. You can get a replacement under warranty through TT, if not under warranty you would need to buy one. As TT Sports went out of business a year ago and stopped production supplies are running quite low apparently, so you may be out of luck. Either use the self-service site in the link below or call Customer support and they will take care of it, assuming they have any left (since TT Sports went out of business and ceased all production and development almost a year ago, supplies seem to be running low). To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches).

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair
  • andymanserveandymanserve Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thats great thanks