GO 520 WiFi says v10.05 are the current maps

cpixel
cpixel Registered Users Posts: 86
Prominent Wayfarer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have a GO 520 WiFi. It’s worked Ok for a year, but I was going to update it today, and it updated the software, the cameras and the mapshare, but now it says it’s fully updated... and however it still has the maps from January... it cannot find v10.10 What’s happening? I’m in Spain and I’m running the Europe map.

Comments

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,112
    Superuser
    @cpixel

Contact Customer Services on Monday to check the status of your subscription(s)

:flag_es: España (Spain)
    Lunes-Viernes: 09:00-17:30
  • cpixel
    Prominent Wayfarer
    But what subscriptions? Aren’t maps and cameras free for the lifetime of the GO 520 WiFi?
  • Niall
    Superuser
    @cpixel

Maps, cameras, and traffic, are all subscriptions, for 'lifetime' the expiry date is set to several years into the future, for a definition see this link
  • cpixel
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Anyway, has anybody suffered this problem with a GO WiFi device recently or in the past? Did the device tell that it was up to date even if it was clear that the maps were an old version? (I’m asking this because I’m suspecting reasons unrelated to subscription, as it’s a 1 year old device with lifetime subscriptions)
  • Niall
    Superuser
    @cpixel

As I said earlier contact Customer Services (there will be English speakers) to sort out all your subscriptions. This is a user forum, for things like that you need to contact Customer Services.
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    There does seem to have been notes from a couple of people whose subscriptions "expired" early. But the services really are included and TomTom will fix it easily. Be assured it's a silly technical glitch, not an attempt to get money out of you :-) As Niall said, you need to contact them though.
  • cpixel
    Prominent Wayfarer
    As usual, I had a busy week, so when I'm able to call the service, it's weekend. Anyway, my GO 520 WiFi just updated to v10.11. Maybe they put on hold v10.10 updates last weekend until v10.11 was released? I don't know. At the map updates forum I've read the advice to stay at v10.10 if you won't be visiting France. I don't know if I'll go to France next month (maybe I'll will), but anyway I had no other choice, either update to v10.11, or stay at v.10.05. I didn't any choice to choose v10.10.

I tend to believe this issue of my device saying v10.05 were the current maps was related to the imminent v10.11 update.