Known cause for the "Let's go"-app crash'? (Android) — TomTom Community

Known cause for the "Let's go"-app crash'? (Android)

IzgaraIzgara Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello everyone,

As a fan of TomTom I would like to carefreely use the TomTom GO Android application (upgraded to Unlimited Navigation) on my following route from the Netherlands to Turkey, but I can't because more often than not the application crashes when I tap "Let's go" after the route has been calculated.

I was wondering if there was a known cause for this quite annoying problem.

I have tried a reset of the application, as well as deleting and reinstalling the app but none of those proved to be the solution.

I am using the TomTom GO Mobile app on my Samsung Note 8, with Android 8.0.0. The Europe map is installed on the device's internal memory, but I recall I had similar crashes with the app installed on an SD card.

App version: 1.17.1 release/1.17 (2121)
Map version: 1010.8844 (Europe)

The app itself is great, once it works properly. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

(I have so far only described the app crashing after tapping "Let's go", but let it be known that once in a while it happens with other actions)

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards

Comments

• IzgaraIzgara Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Anyone? Please?
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    No problem at all.

258aab50-d668-4998-b430-2c942f394b31.jpg
  • IzgaraIzgara Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    EthoZ wrote:
    No problem at all.

258aab50-d668-4998-b430-2c942f394b31.jpg
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm glad that you aren't having any problems, but perhaps it's the (I assume judging by the navigation bar) different device (and software combination) which happens to indeed function as it should.

Furthermore thanks for taking the time to plot a route to Turkey, but (in my case) the crash does not seem to be related to the route; an address in the same country happens to cause problems as well.

Anyway, thanks for your time.