MyDrive won’t went route to my device — TomTom Community

MyDrive won’t went route to my device

Ovalball03Ovalball03 Posts: 293 [Renowned Wayfarer]
Hi.I have just got the new camper device but I am having trouble sending routes planned on the MyDrive app to my device.The send to my device is greyed out.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• MyNameAllreadyExistsMyNameAllreadyExists Posts: 72 [Supreme Navigator]
    Have you saved it?
  • tugmantugman Posts: 337 [Revered Navigator]
    Save the file and then use the file copy and paste method.
    I use the My-Route app program. Make the route and save in your preferred format. You will then find it in the download folder on your computer. From there you can move it to the device or another folder.
  • Ovalball03Ovalball03 Posts: 293 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I don’t think I explained it very well.On the MyDrive app on my galaxy s8 I can plan a route from my current location but can’t send it to my camper because the send to device icon is greyed out.f83dca95-9637-4eb2-947e-807058bd28b5.jpg
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,137 Superusers
    Hi
    @Ovalball03

Using an iPhone here... But

Using iPhone MyDrive Route planner 2.3.0 Here...

(1)... Plan your route
    After planning your Route

(2)... At the bottom of the screen the three route options are displayed... The selected route (In this instance the 'Fastest') has a blue square Icon

(3)... Tap on one of the alternate route displayed at the bottom of the screen to select it (The chosen route now displays the blue square Icon and a 'v' symbol)

Yes indeed after selecting one of the alternate route the 'Send to Device' displayed at the TOP of the screen is greyed-out

But if you now...

(4)... Tap again on the chosen alternate route... (Displayed at the bottom of the screen with the blue square Icon and a 'v' symbol)
    A further option appearers 'Save to MyRoutes'

(5)... Tap 'Save to MyRoutes'

The Route will be synced to MyRoutes

(6)... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Tap MyRoutes... Select and Tap the newly synced Route

If you wish to return to the three Route options flick downwards on the bottom of the screen

The original thread is Here...
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/is-there-a-tomtom-european-technical-helpline-1035864/index1.html#post1221045

ATB YFM
  • tugmantugman Posts: 337 [Revered Navigator]
    is your phone patched to your camper device. If not then it will not work.

Ps is the camper unit a tomtom unit or is part of the built in nav system of the camper van.
    If it is the latter then it may not work. For example my speakers no longer work in the car on my 400 and it will not use the car speaker either but it is ok on the bike.
    tugman wrote:
    is your phone patched to your camper device. If not then it will not work.

Ps is the camper unit a tomtom unit or is part of the built in nav system of the camper van.
    If it is the latter then it may not work. For example my speakers no longer work in the car on my 400 and it will not use the car speaker either but it is ok on the bike.
    Its the new camper model ie a stand alone tomtom unit
    It seems that it is only when I select camper in the vehicle type settings that it won’t send.If I select car it does.Is that normal?
    @YamFazMan
    Your suggestions regarding save as route etc worked a treat,thank you.?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,137 Superusers
    Hi
    @Ovalball03

Is it Bleak House Farm, Mitchel's Lane, Heslington, York YO10 5DY
    On Google Earth/Streetview/Maps... It looks very narrow, perhaps Tomtom has defined the lane as unstable to heavy vehicle's

ATB YFM
    It’s a Caravan site but it certainly is narrow.I have also avoided unsaved roads so maybe so?